Surf Camp Specials:
*15% off any student attending a CCSD ( Charleston county school district) school.
*Additional 5% off for any referral resulting in a child signing up for camp
*Multiple child discount
*Children with special needs welcome!
When we initially started Carolina Salt, we had no intentions on ever starting summer surf camps or programs. But over the years parents constantly asked me “Why don’t you offer surf camps?” I would simply reply, “quality, safety, and professionalism.” Camps and larger surf groups tend to be dramatically more dangerous and the actual surfing material covered always seems to slip through the cracks. The children never seem to get the knowledge or attention they deserve.
We at Carolina Salt pride ourselves on customer service, professionalism, and most importantly safety. Although we have over 15 years teaching experience, since starting Carolina Salt we have had 0 incidents, 0 refund requested, and a 100% success rate. After only being in business for 6 months we quickly became the #1 rated surf lesson provider by all major travel sites including Trip Advisor and Yelp which we still hold today.
Surf Camps in Charleston SC
Due to our many requests for camps we decided to start a new, unique, and specialized summer program that will allow the “camp” experience, but that maintains our fun detail oriented teaching style and high level of safety. Whether you’re a local or just visiting the Charleston area this program will allow you to have a wonderful, exciting, and safe outdoor activity that will definitely be the highlight of your summer.
SUMMER SURF PROGRAMS
Summer Surf Programs are for ages 7-17 years old and are held Monday-Friday (5 days per week). Total week per student: $375 per week
Location: 1673 E. Ashley Ave on Folly Beach
Time: (Max of 5 Students per time slot):
9am – 12pm
Why Small Groups for Surf Camps?
Our smaller groups provide a safe and comfortable environment that promotes communication, skill building, confidence, and eases the natural anxiety of large groups.
Weather Policies for Surf Camps
In the event of bad weather or other dangerous conditions we will partake in other surf related activities to ensure safety. As opposed to the camps that either cancel the entire day or take children out into dangerous conditions.
Transportation can be provided for an additional $10 per day/per student fee from James Island Walmart to Folly Beach. If that is not a convenient location please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Personal Resume of Owner/ Head Instructor Kyle Busey
2000 National Champion
2000 South Carolina Surfer of the Year
9 time State Champion
2013 Regional Champion
2014 East Coast Champion
Professional Surfer 2004-present
- Advanced ocean safety provided and taught to each student
- Ability to personalize your group
- Snacks and water provided
- $100 deposit required, but we do ask to please pay the remaining $275 no later than the first day of the program.
Teach all levels: from beginner to advanced
- All students are treated individually by skill level to ensure maximum learning as well as eliminating the possibility of feeling overwhelmed. We also offer this as a means to promote individuality and deplete the feeling of competition between students. All instructors are extremely personable, positive, and motivating to ensure our students never feel discouraged.
- Instructor to student ratio is always at least 2/5 compared to camps that tend to be 1/10
- Free photos everyday of program
Carolina Salt will be the ONLY surf program offering a protection against sharks.
We will be the first to admit that sharks are a non-issue but we like to take any and all precautionary measures to ensure parents’ piece of mind that their child is 100% safe. “Sharkbanz” are worn by all instructors to ensure safety from sharks. To see how Sharkbanz revolutionary technology works check out www.sharkbanz.com.
Below are a few of our credentials to ensure your child has the safest high quality experience offered in town:
- Instructors are CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard certified
- Our surf program never exceed 5 students to ensure safety (Camps range from 20-40 students)
- Instructor/student ratio is a minimum of 2/5 compared to the common 1/10
- ONLY surf program that operates outside of the 9 block radius of Folly Beach Pier where the water population of swimmers and surfers can create a dangerous and hostile learning environment
- Every instructor wears a “shark band” to ensure prevention against any marine life (because we know that it’s on every parent’s mind)
- 15 yrs of experience working with children and adults in the ocean
- 10 yrs of experience working with children with disabilities (autism, down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, severe anxiety etc…)
- #1 Rated surf lessons in Charleston
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or your child’s week is FREE!